Recipe: Lauku Tea-Infused Mulled Wine
Mulled wine is the perfect drink for holiday get-togethers—bright and warming, and most importantly, filled with alcohol. For added layers of flavor, we infuse our wine with Lauku Tea, specifically Brigita’s Daylight Blend. Brimming with apples, Brigita’s blend adds a subtle apple sweetness and an earthy depth to this delicious cocktail.
As we like to think of recipes more like guidelines, feel free to tweak and tease to your liking.
Lauku Tea Apple-Infused Mulled Wine
makes 4–5 cups
- 5–6 hearty pinches of Brigita’s Daylight Blend
- 1 (750ml) bottle of full-bodied red wine, like a Syrah or Malbec
- 1/4 cup of brandy or spiced rum
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus extra for garnish
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 3 cardamom pods, cracked
- Pour the wine into a large pitcher the night before serving. In a mesh strainer, quickly rinse the tea leaves with hot water to soften them, then add the rinsed tea leaves to the wine, mixing thoroughly. Allow to steep overnight.
- Strain the tea leaves then pour the wine into a large stovetop pot. Add the brandy or rum, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, peppercorns and cardamon. Turn the stove to a medium-high heat and stir gently until the honey dissolves, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, then garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Hugs and bućas!